All users of this agree that access to and use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
The term CustomizedCandle, ‘we’ or ‘us’ refers to the owner of this website whose office is Charlestown, Finglas, Dublin11, Ireland
Change to Data Protection & GDPR
Customizedcandle.eu will always keep your data safe and comply with applicable data protection legislation. This Notice will continue to evolve as we implement procedures to access & download your personal data automatically, etc.
What personal date we collect:
The term “personal data” means any information relating to a living person who is identified or identifiable (such a person is referred to as a “data subject”).
We collect the personal data you provide to us during the registration and order checkout processes and any further personal data you provide to update your registration details from time to time. This personal data includes:
* your contact/billing details (name, address, email address, telephone numbers)
* your shipping contact details (name, address, telephone numbers), occasionally this can be a third-party gift recipient
* personalised text/images that you provide if related to a custom made item (e.g. a personalised gift)
* your order greeting message. * payment details (credit/debit card details are not stored by us and are passed directly on to our payments company Stripe Payments for immediate processing.
The purpose for which we hold your information
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
* To fulfil your order (i.e. to facilitate the provision of ordered goods and services)
* To contact you or your recipient if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
* To administer our website.
* So you can keep a history of the products you have ordered from us.
In addition, we use your personal data:
* So you can track deliveries.
* So you can keep a history of the order information and products you have ordered from us.
Legal basis for us using your personal data
The lawful grounds for processing your personal data are:
* To fulfil your order and provide the services you request (performance of contract).
* To better understand our customer base and improve our service offering (our legitimate interest to do so, having taken into account whether your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms are overridden by this type of processing).
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union.
How long we keep your personal data for:
We will not keep your personal data for any purpose for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We will retain the personal data you provided on registering an account on our website so long as that account remains in existence. If you tell us, at any time, that you no longer want to have an account, then we will delete your personal data from our records.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services department, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for a short period after the query is closed.
Who we share your personal data with:
For the purposes set out above, we may also provide your personal data to our suppliers and processors who perform certain business services for us. We share your personal data with third parties who:
* Deliver orders (i.e. we disclose your contact details to the shipping companies so they can deliver)
* Gift Recipient (we disclose the sender’s contact details so the recipient knows who the sender is, see “Disclosure of Sender” section below)
* Facilitate the storage of enquiry email (support tickets)
* Store and generate personalised artwork imagery.
* Process payment (i.e. our Payments Processors such as Stripe Payments & PayPal)
* Capture feedback reviews
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
* if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
* to successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our respective businesses.
How we contact you:
If we have your consent, we may contact you by post, e-mail, SMS text messages, telephone or other means including other electronic means such as Facebook and social media applications, and only using such contact details as you provide to us from time to time.
If you no longer wish to receive such or certain communications, you can let us know by contacting us using one of the email addresses here. You may also update your preferred contact details from your account preferences after logging on to the website.
Making a request
We are required by law to act on requests and provide information free of charge, except where your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (in particular because of their repetitive nature) in which case we may charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication, or taking the action requested), or refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally this will be within few days from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
If you need to contact us for any reason (including to exercise any of your rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please send us your request using the details email@example.com
Disclosure of Sender:
When your order is shipped directly to a third party (i.e. the gift recipient), the Company may provide the recipient with contact details of sender (name, address & telephone). In the event the sender wishes to remain anonymous and requests same, the Company may remove this information from the parcel however in all cases will divulge sender’s contact details should the recipient request such information. This is to avoid nuisance correspondence and allows the recipient to decide whether they wish to keep the order.
Changes to this notice
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Notice, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
Send us a message
If you have any special requests or need a candle or gift made urgently, please contact us using the form below.